Monday, June 18, 2012

Grandma thought

singleness_by_moninyok

Its weird to have an old lady move out from a house. I mean move away to a new house, full of modern design… Its weird! total weird! That’s what my grandma is doing now O_O I do noth understand. But there are more thing that I do not understand.

I asked my grandma about her past with my grandpa. How can she take care of the kopitiam business and my ‘medicine-bottle' grandpa? Won’t she be tired of what she is doing? I feel tired even with the thought that i have to work like 20 hours a day, working as a cashier, waiter, cleaner, worker, nurse, mother… That is horrified! How can a women work so much! For her, it was like a root thought for her to think that a woman have to do everything and the most important job  is to take care of your husband well, and LISTEN to them, bloody RESPECT them! God, I really thought of running away from being a mother, a wife in the future. My grandma thought is horrifying me.

I think that, a women always has an equal chance to work outside and inside the house. Never burden the wife, like everything have to be done by her, because she is a wife or a mother; because that is her responsibility. Like a mother have to cook for the family, wash for the family, waste her time to do house work for the family? Or like a wife that have to TAKE CARE for the husband’s food, clothes, etc. Its like a women/ mother/ wife have to do everything. There is a thought from my grandma too I could not accept, she gave me a reason for all my confuse, she say: Because the husband have to work outside ma~ So they are free from house work and deserve to be served! BLOODY! A mother is working also, busy! and tired! How can she say like that! When she was young, she have to work too, do house work too, and take care of grandpa too! How come she can say something so hurtful! I can’t believe my grandma said that  a mother should take responsible for her children as if her child is 10 years old even they are 50! Why can’t they just go off like that, do whatever they like. Is it because I’m not a mother yet, so I could not figure out what the hell is she thinking? Is it that’s why I could not accept her thought!?

Maybe, yes… That’s why I could not accept what she tell me. Thats what my mother clarified with me. I really hope I can be what I want to be, but not being tied up by the traditional thought for a Woman.

1 comment:

  1. this called motherly love la. for a woman to take care of their child, i think its not a burden,its responsibility la (of coz dad oso gt )...because this is how the woman herself being raised up ma....=D

    ReplyDelete