On the way to the blessing ceremony. I am so glad that I have the chance to talk to Venerable. Ven: What buddha said about death?
You will never die. Your body will die, but you will never die. You just changed houses.
All suffering are from death. When you lost something, it is a kind of death. Then u suffer.
Venerable said about the present moment. The moment htat you dont think about the past and the future. Before that I think that now… is something so easy to understand. But, I have a different mind set. Ven asked that the exam it self give you stress or the result that give you stress. The result is a future thing. If u live in the present moment and do not think about the future and past. Then you will not suffer. It is stressless. So, how can we live in the present. That moment, when i think of the present, it is still stress…. So how to live on the present… I wonder.
Never expect anything to be the same. It will surely change. If u insist it is not changing then u suffer. Venerable gave an example of a long time no see friend. When u see them back, you will think that he/she is the same, then when u saw their changes, you will sure sad and depressed. But if u already have the mind set of they sure will change and accept what ever they are then you will be free from suffering.
Then one more useful sentence:
“See the good in everyone”.
I feel like buddha is teaching us to live a better live. He taught us to live with different people. To cope with different situation. He teach us that we must see good quality in everyone. Once you see the good quality, then sure you can cope with them nicely. If you always look at others bad quality then sure it is a problem for you to cope with others. This is a quality of buddha. He sees good quality in everyone. Thats why a murderer can become Arahant. Thats what I want to learn from Buddha. ^_^
So happy that Venerable Dhammananda had given a talk today. Next time if invite him, make sure to have him to talk longer. ^_^
No comments:
Post a Comment